Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy- Pesto Sauce!

Pesto has become one of my absolute FAVORITE sauces on earth.

After tasting Pesto FRESH from an Italian restaurant, I couldn't believe how gross the grocery store pesto tasted that I had been buying for all these years. Now that I compared it to fresh home-made pesto I am spoiled!

I found out pesto can be made with many different types of herbs, but after doing a bit of research I discovered that Parsley is healthier than the traditional basil.

So after my trip to Trader Joes (aka my second home) I picked up all the necessary ingredients, and didn't spend that much at all!

It was so incredibly easy to make, and I even had enough left over for a few days after :) Over all, it is DEFINITELY cheaper to make it yourself with fresh ingredients at home then buying it pre-packaged and processed at the store.






What you need:


  • 1 1/2 cup Parsley (or whichever herb you'd like to use)
  • 1.4 oz Pine Nuts (you can also substitute walnuts)
  • 1 Table spoon of Almonds
  • 14/cup of Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cloves of freshly chopped garlic
  • A pinch pf Black pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil

What to do:

  • Blend it.
Literally that is it, it doesn't get easier than that!



This is what it should look like after you're done blending it all together. 

If your consistency comes out too thick, add water! If it comes out too watery, add more nuts!



**Note** It was a bit hard to get my blender to blend all the ingredients together (this is my boyfriend Bryan squishing everything with a masher in there.) 

We have started to LOVE cooking together as a couple!

Be patient! Don't stick your hands in there. Add a bit of water if you're having trouble blending it, and mash it around with a spoon :)







^Finished Pesto Spaghetti!^

My best friend Allie came over and we all 3 had pesto pasta for dinner and it ended up turning out SO delicious!

I definitely recommend impressing your friends and family with some home made pesto of your own :)

Have a fabulous and healthy day <3


Xox Brittany,

The Fitspirational Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment