Wednesday, December 26, 2012

10 minute (at home) quick and easy- Crispy Parmesan Green Bean Fries!


Hi Guys!!

it’s time to leave your idea of “Fast food” behind in 2012, and EMBRACE A FITSPIRATIONAL 2013!!
French fries contain loads of FAT, GREASE  SALT, and WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE that is SO not good for your body.
So, in my efforts to expand my knowledge in the kitchen and try a new vegetable I MADE THESE!
They are SO delicious and a FABULOUS way to eat green beans if:
A.) you’ve never had green beans before
B.) never liked green beans before
C.) or love green beans and just want a new quick and creative/healthy way to eat them.
TRY IT OUT!
Trust me, If I can make these without burning my kitchen down SO CAN YOU!

What you need:
  • Fresh (or frozen) Green beans
  • Freshly grated Parmasan Cheese
  • Garlic powder
  • A hint of olive oil

I purchased my fresh green beans from Sprouts!
(they were REALLY inexpensive) I think I paid like $.89 cents for ALL of these… so everyone who keeps telling me that eating healthy is more expensive can SUCK IT!



Wash them up good!
If you didn't get organic green beans then you want to wash them like you’re washing a new born baby! Do your best to get all the pesticides off, I know you can’t see them but THEY’RE there!

LIGHTLY brush a bit of Olive Oil on your aluminum foil
This makes sure the green beans don’t infuse to the foil and then you’re forced to eat green bean foil fries… I don’t know about you but I prefer my snacks foil free :)

Spread your nice and clean little green beans all over the foil.
Make sure you don’t just throw them in a heaping pile. This helps them to get evenly crispy!
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese all over the tops of the green beans. Follow by dusting them with a hint of garlic powder for some extra flavor.
BAKE them in the oven for 9-12 minutes on 425 and POOF you’re done!

I made these for a few of my friends when they came over and THEY INHALED them like free chocolate!
NOW TRY IT OUT. 
Don’t just read this and think.. “Hmm I should do this one day.” If you’re picky like me this will give you a fabulous new item to add to your little menu
 :)
Have a fabulously healthy day!
Xox Brittany <3

No comments:

Post a Comment